Reimagining San Miguel de Allende as a Sustainable Community
This was the first in a series of monthly discussions on "Reimagining San Miguel de Allende as a Sustainable Community" based on the Agenda Ambiental 2018, developed by a special multidisciplinary seminar in the UNAM. The Agenda outlines the most urgent socio-environmental issues facing all of us today.
The goals of The Environmental Agenda 2018 include:
- To place socio-environmental issues at the center of the public agenda
- To promote citizen participation
- To promote the production of pertinent, reliable, transparent and accessible information about the state of ecosystems and natural resources, and the socio-environmental impact of production methods, mega-projects and public policy.
- To promote the integral management of environmental issues across public agencies.
- To promote environmental justice
Each month we are examining one of the agenda items and how it affects our region. Why do we need an environmental agenda? What are we doing? What should we do? What kind of educational projects could help us build a sustainable community?
Leticia Merino is the coordinator of the Environmental Agenda 2018 project developed by the University Seminar on Society, the Environment & Institutions (SUSMAI) at the UNAM (http://agendaambiental2018.susmai.unam.mx/).
Graciela Martínez is one of the founders and the current director of the Center for Agricultural Development (CEDESA) in Dolores Hidalgo.
Henry Miller is the director of the civil association El Maíz Más Pequeño y Coordinator of the "Watersheds, People, Water y Climate Change” project.
This monthly series is being organized by The Education Collaborative (www.educacionymedioscolaborativos.org) that was initiated by El Sindicato and the Center for Global Justice along with the Instituto de Educación en el Campo, Mexico A/C, Tianguis Orgánicos de San Miguel de Allende (TOSMA), and El Charco del Ingenio.
Calzada de la Estacion, S/N
San Miguel de Allende, GUA 37755
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.